There were tears, there was laughter – often at the same time.
This day was filled with the kind of magic that changes everyone in attendance. The genuine love between Andy and Stacey is something that gives others hope and reminds you what weddings are really about. Beyond the gorgeous floral arrangements, dresses and tuxedos – there was a feeling in the air that is only possible when two wonderful humans decide to dedicate their lives to one another, in front of the people who have shaped them and led them along the path that made this day possible.
I could have shared a million and a half snapshots of this celebration, but some of the most memorable moments were:
- The bridesmaids’ reactions to seeing Stacey in her gown for the first time
- The father-daughter first look
- The bride-groom first look
- Portraits in Lincoln Park with the most to-die-for light you can get in Chicago
- Stacey and Andy seeing their ceremony set up for the first time
- The signing of the Ketubah
- The gorgeous ceremony performed by a Rabi and a Priest, full of inclusivity and a message of love and hope that resonated with everyone in attendance
- The speeches by family and friends – heartfelt and at points, hilarious
- The first dance – never have I ever cried during a first dance… until this day
- The dancing that I’m sure lated in to the night
A million “Thank You”s could never fully express to Stacey and Andy how grateful I am to have been a part of their day. I can’t wait to see what life has in store for these two!
Hair – Brittany Holop, Makeup – Regina Smith, Wedding Dress – Alvina Valenta, Bridal Shoes – Vince Camuto, Bridesmaids Dresses – Jenny Yoo, Groom & Groomsmen Attire – Men’s Warehouse, Florals – Vale of Enna, DJ – Toast & Jam, Cake – Amy Beck Cake Design, Catering – Rentals – Ceremony and Reception Venue – Cafe Brauer, Photography – Britta Marie Photography, Photography Assistance – Audrey Simper, Videography – Shutter and Sound